• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Libby Indicted

AK_Conservative said:
Libby's indictment is aggravating as all hell... IT TRUELY seams that since they could not find any criminal evidence against Libby, they slam him for purjury. It is like they are trying to get the republican party back for what happened to clinton. I thought the democratic party was about PROGRESS, not REGRESS. They are trying to do the same thing with Rove and DeLay. oth at the moment are squeaky clean! i mean, when is this party politics ON BOTH SIDES going to end. We need to strt thinking abou the welfare of the country, not a given party!
Eh... Fitzgerald was appointed by the Republicans and has been highly praised by them. Libbys obstruction of justice and perjury charges stem from his unwillingness to tell the truth or cooperate fully in this investigation.

Just when you thought things got to the pinnacle of weird, there's another mountaintop.

It took Libby more than twenty years to write “The Apprentice,” which is set in a remote Japanese province in the winter of 1903. The book is brimming with quasi-political intrigue and antique locutions—“The girl who wore the cloak of yellow fur”; “one wore backward a European hat”—that make the phrase a “former Hill staffer,” by comparison, seem straightforward.

Like his predecessors, Libby does not shy from the scatological. The narrative makes generous mention of lice, snot, drunkenness, bad breath, torture, urine, “turds,” armpits, arm hair, neck hair, pubic hair, pus, boils, and blood (regular and menstrual). One passage goes, “At length he walked around to the deer’s head and, reaching into his pants, struggled for a moment and then pulled out his penis. He began to **** in the snow just in front of the deer’s nostrils.”

Homoeroticism and incest also figure as themes. The main female character, Yukiko, draws hair on the “mound” of a little girl. The brothers of a dead samurai have sex with his daughter. Many things glisten (mouths, hair, evergreens), quiver (a “pink underlip,” arm muscles, legs), and are sniffed (floorboards, sheets, fingers). The cast includes a dwarf, and an “assistant headman” who comes to restore order after a crime at the inn.

:shock:

Last edited:
your world is indeed small
it is confined to northAmerica I would say

AK_Conservative said:
Libby's indictment is aggravating as all hell... IT TRUELY seams that since they could not find any criminal evidence against Libby, they slam him for purjury. It is like they are trying to get the republican party back for what happened to clinton. I thought the democratic party was about PROGRESS, not REGRESS. They are trying to do the same thing with Rove and DeLay. oth at the moment are squeaky clean! i mean, when is this party politics ON BOTH SIDES going to end. We need to strt thinking abou the welfare of the country, not a given party!

Libby is the first rounds and he got the light finger taps only
what is coming will be worse
Cheney's office at center of CIA leak indictment
Cheney is right now sriking a deal for clemancy and will resign
ROVE will be fried wonton soon

BUSH will be impeached or murdered by congress and senate

Watch and learn

BUSH 's last speech will contain et tu aussi bruteus
while the neocons stab him in the back to distance them selves from him

Be patient watch it all unfold over the next 3 years
justice takes time and ussually takes it's toll

AK_Conservative said:

Then get ready to be aggravated for the next 3 years cuz the fun has only JUST BEGUN.

You were right about the Dems though. But I don't think they can actually PROGRESS until the entire GOP is pinned on the floor and cleaned up. Delay should have been in prison quite a while ago. I can't believe it's taken them this LONG to ship his ass down to GITMO.

sissy-boy said:

Then get ready to be aggravated for the next 3 years cuz the fun has only JUST BEGUN.

You were right about the Dems though. But I don't think they can actually PROGRESS until the entire GOP is pinned on the floor and cleaned up. Delay should have been in prison quite a while ago. I can't believe it's taken them this LONG to ship his ass down to GITMO.

How come some Americans see through all the lies like yourself
yet others stagger behind the president like he is a god lol

Imagine if a criminal broke into your house and made off with your television, stereo, camera, and the gold coins you hid under the mattress. Imagine the cops caught him speeding away. But instead of arresting him for stealing your goods, they simply issued him a ticket for speeding.

In essence, the above scenario is what happened to I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby.

Scooter was busted for telling lies to the FBI and a grand jury and now has the distinction of being the first White House official in 130 years to be indicted while in office.

But he is guilty of much larger crimes.

Scooter and Paul Wolfowitz are the devious criminal minds behind the Bush gangster doctrine currently responsible for killing around 100,000 Iraqis. Scooter and Wolfowitz devised the Defense Policy Guidance document for Dick Cheney back in 1992. It is now more or less the Bush playbook for "pre-emptive force to prevent countries from developing weapons of mass destruction," in other words invading Muslim countries that do not have weapons of mass destruction. It was also used as a blueprint when a clique of neocons cobbled together the criminal organization Project for a New American Century. Scooter's lies were instrumental in the invasion of Iraq-for instance, the fairy tale one of Saddam's intelligence agents met with supposed nine eleven "ring leader" Mohamed Atta. Scooter was so insistent this lie be included in Colin Powell's dog and pony show at the United Nations he called him late at night in the eleventh hour and harangued him.

Scooter is a shameless criminal operator. It is said he rang the phones off the wall at the Pentagon after the Iraq invasion to make sure Halliburton received a contract to repair oil wells destroyed during the American invasion he formulated with Wolfowitz. As if to demonstrate crime is well-rewarded in Bushzarro world, Wolfowitz was appointed to run the World Bank, the largest conductor of neoliberal loan sharking on the planet.

As if to further demonstrate his criminal propensity, Scooter once told an aide he planned to stay on as Cheney's top adviser until "I get indicted or something." In other words, he understands full well he is a criminal and he thinks his crimes are cute and ingenious. "You never get in trouble for something you don't say," Libby also quipped, using an old Sam Rayburn maxim.

Scooter, according to the neocon friendly Washington Post, "has looked gaunt and tired of late, according to those who have seen him, and he told at least two friends and associates that he was thinking of leaving the administration after the 2004 election to spend more time writing and skiing."

Now he will get the chance. Scooter will not be spending time writing his prison memoirs, though-by the time he is officially indicted, charged, and tried (and then upon conviction appeals and goes through another trial), Bush will pardon him on his way out of office, as Clinton pardoned the Zionist gangster Marc Rich in the waning hours of his administration.

Of course, this assumes Bush will leave office in 2008.

Prison, after all, is for crackheads, not well-connected war criminals, who at worst receive suspended sentences.

Scooter will probably end up like Oliver North. Ollie was indicted on sixteen felony counts and convicted of three in connection to the so-called Iran-Contra Affair-accepting an illegal gratuity, aiding and abetting in the obstruction of a congressional inquiry, and destruction of documents. His conviction was over-turned by a three judge panel. As a reward, Ollie received a book contract and eventually his own television show on Fox News, thus once again demonstrating crime pays.

I don't know if Scooter will get his own TV show.

But if he does, somebody please find the remote and change the channel.

http://www.rense.com/general68/scoott.htm

Attachments

• 9900.jpg
    9900.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 9867.jpg
    9867.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 1
  • _40120817_iraqpow_washpost_203.jpg
    _40120817_iraqpow_washpost_203.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 9902.jpg
    9902.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 1071879884.jpg
    1071879884.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 1
AK_Conservative said:
Libby's indictment is aggravating as all hell... IT TRUELY seams that since they could not find any criminal evidence against Libby, they slam him for purjury.
Last time I checked, perjury was still a crime. AFAICT, evidence of perjury, evidence of making false statements, and evidences of obstruction is "criminal evidence."

AK_Conservative said:
We need to strt thinking abou the welfare of the country, not a given party!
Isn't this a 1990's quote from Hillary? Have you already done the "vast
-wing conspiracy bit?​

Navy Pride said:
I have never heard that...Could you provide a link? Thanks.....
Of course. I'm pleased that you asked.

As always citations available upon request.

The Bush administration had several chances to wipe out his terrorist operation and perhaps kill Zarqawi himself — but never pulled the trigger the Bush administration feared destroying Zarqawi's terrorist camp in Iraq could undercut its case for war against Saddam.

GWB described Zarqawi as the best evidence of a meaningful connection between Saddam and UbL.

Simon W. Moon said:
Of course. I'm pleased that you asked.

As always citations available upon request.

The Bush administration had several chances to wipe out his terrorist operation and perhaps kill Zarqawi himself — but never pulled the trigger the Bush administration feared destroying Zarqawi's terrorist camp in Iraq could undercut its case for war against Saddam.

GWB described Zarqawi as the best evidence of a meaningful connection between Saddam and UbL.
Well done Simon! Something tells me that Navy Pride will never respond to your post as is his SOP when proven wrong. He runs away and refuses to accept the truth.

The article leaves out a bit of information, like what the thinking was that led to developing a broader plan of action.
In June 2002, U.S. officials say intelligence had revealed that Zarqawi and members of al-Qaida had set up a weapons lab at Kirma, in northern Iraq, producing deadly ricin and cyanide.
Hmmmm, I didn't think Al_Qaida was in Iraq until after the war started.

Squawker said:
The article leaves out a bit of information, like what the thinking was that led to developing a broader plan of action. Hmmmm, I didn't think Al_Qaida was in Iraq until after the war started.
"A broader plan of action?" Is it your contention that Team Bush was acting as if Hussein and al-Qaida had some operational or collaborative connections?

Last edited:
"A broader plan of action?" Is your contention is that Team Bush was acting as if Hussein and al-Qaida had some operational or collaborative connections?
What we know now, we didn’t know then. The evidence seemed to point in that direction. Saddam knew everything that happened in the country and nothing was done without his approval. I think it is very likely the Administration thought there was a connection. We don't know for sure one way or the other.

Squawker said:
Saddam knew everything that happened in the country and nothing was done without his approval.
I remember reading somewhere that Saddam Hussein had very little political influence in northern Iraq, which is where al'Qaeda's training camps were. Did I read that wrong?

Declassified portions of a Defense Intelligence Agency document dated February 2002 said it was likely that the prisoner, Ibn al-Shaykh al-Libi, was intentionally misleading debriefers about Saddam Hussein's support for al Qaeda's work with chemical and biological weapons.
"Ibn al-Shaykh has been undergoing debriefs for several weeks and may be describing scenarios to the debriefers that he knows will retain their interest," said document excerpts obtained by Reuters on Sunday.
The DIA document was first reported by The New York Times and Washington Post on Sunday. Sen. Carl Levin of Michigan, top Democrat on the Senate Committee on Armed Services, later released the excerpts on his Senate Web site.
"Saddam's regime is intensely secular and is wary of Islamic revolutionary movements. Moreover, Baghdad is unlikely to provide assistance to a group it cannot control," the excerpts said.
The report surfaced days after Democrats forced Senate Republicans to agree to complete the second phase of a probe into U.S. intelligence on Iraq. Phase 2 of the investigation by the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence seeks to determine whether the Bush administration twisted intelligence to justify the March 2003 invasion.
Source
Pretty convenient wouldn’t you say? “Wary” and “unlikely” doesn’t prove anything. Saddam was very secretive about his actions and plans for the future. No one can say for sure that he did or didn’t support Al-Qaeda. There are some who think the CIA had hard feelings toward Bush after he called for reform in the department after 9-ll. They say it is just as likely the CIA misled the administration to make them look bad. I don't think we will ever know the truth of it all.

Squawker said:
Pretty convenient wouldn’t you say? “Wary” and “unlikely” doesn’t prove anything. Saddam was very secretive about his actions and plans for the future. No one can say for sure that he did or didn’t support Al-Qaeda. There are some who think the CIA had hard feelings toward Bush after he called for reform in the department after 9-ll. They say it is just as likely the CIA misled the administration to make them look bad. I don't think we will ever know the truth of it all.
I've always thought about your last two sentences...

Right after 911, this is what you heard from the Left - "The CIA is incompetent...They couldn't even connect the dots!"

Then the Libby indictment, this is what we hear from the Left(And Simon) - "The CIA is an exemplary organization that is above reproach, always honest, and never political...We must believe everything they say."....:roll:

Squawker said:
I love it! You post a Reuters news article as a source that clearly states that there wasn't a connection between Saddam & Al Quaeda THEN you dispute your own source with nonsense about a CIA plot yet you provide nothing at all to back up your bogus claims! Amazing!

Your post reads like one of those made up Fox News Channel stories where they use the convenient term "Some might say" but never provide a source or for that matter the truth.

You post a creditable source and then you dispute your own source with made up nonsense not supported by one fact! WOW! :funny

Hey Champ, I see you still attack the poster instead of adding anything of substance to the thread. If you had half a brain you could argue the merits of the post. Come on over to my site and see how fast your ass gets banned when you attack my posters. Oh yeah, make sure you go crying to the administration about how mean and rotten I am. They will protect your whiney little ass.

Squawker said:
Hey Champ, I see you still attack the poster instead of adding anything of substance to the thread. If you had half a brain you could argue the merits of the post. Come on over to my site and see how fast your ass gets banned when you attack my posters. Oh yeah, make sure you go crying to the administration about how mean and rotten I am. They will protect your whiney little ass.
Consider it done.

Nice to see you're still the same guy you've always been. We missed you around here. Not too many other posters around here have your writing skills and sense of style.

I look forward to reading more poignant posts from you. :2wave:

Squawker said:

Let's keep the personal attacks to a minimum. If you wish to discuss the merits of individual posters level of "whiny ass-ness," do so in the basement.

We're all friends here, right?

Canuck said:
How come some Americans see through all the lies like yourself
yet others stagger behind the president like he is a god lol

Imagine if a criminal broke into your house and made off with your television, stereo, camera, and the gold coins you hid under the mattress. Imagine the cops caught him speeding away. But instead of arresting him for stealing your goods, they simply issued him a ticket for speeding.

In essence, the above scenario is what happened to I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby.

Scooter was busted for telling lies to the FBI and a grand jury and now has the distinction of being the first White House official in 130 years to be indicted while in office.

But he is guilty of much larger crimes.

Scooter and Paul Wolfowitz are the devious criminal minds behind the Bush gangster doctrine currently responsible for killing around 100,000 Iraqis. Scooter and Wolfowitz devised the Defense Policy Guidance document for Dick Cheney back in 1992. It is now more or less the Bush playbook for "pre-emptive force to prevent countries from developing weapons of mass destruction," in other words invading Muslim countries that do not have weapons of mass destruction. It was also used as a blueprint when a clique of neocons cobbled together the criminal organization Project for a New American Century. Scooter's lies were instrumental in the invasion of Iraq-for instance, the fairy tale one of Saddam's intelligence agents met with supposed nine eleven "ring leader" Mohamed Atta. Scooter was so insistent this lie be included in Colin Powell's dog and pony show at the United Nations he called him late at night in the eleventh hour and harangued him.

Scooter is a shameless criminal operator. It is said he rang the phones off the wall at the Pentagon after the Iraq invasion to make sure Halliburton received a contract to repair oil wells destroyed during the American invasion he formulated with Wolfowitz. As if to demonstrate crime is well-rewarded in Bushzarro world, Wolfowitz was appointed to run the World Bank, the largest conductor of neoliberal loan sharking on the planet.

As if to further demonstrate his criminal propensity, Scooter once told an aide he planned to stay on as Cheney's top adviser until "I get indicted or something." In other words, he understands full well he is a criminal and he thinks his crimes are cute and ingenious. "You never get in trouble for something you don't say," Libby also quipped, using an old Sam Rayburn maxim.

Scooter, according to the neocon friendly Washington Post, "has looked gaunt and tired of late, according to those who have seen him, and he told at least two friends and associates that he was thinking of leaving the administration after the 2004 election to spend more time writing and skiing."

Now he will get the chance. Scooter will not be spending time writing his prison memoirs, though-by the time he is officially indicted, charged, and tried (and then upon conviction appeals and goes through another trial), Bush will pardon him on his way out of office, as Clinton pardoned the Zionist gangster Marc Rich in the waning hours of his administration.

Of course, this assumes Bush will leave office in 2008.

Prison, after all, is for crackheads, not well-connected war criminals, who at worst receive suspended sentences.

Scooter will probably end up like Oliver North. Ollie was indicted on sixteen felony counts and convicted of three in connection to the so-called Iran-Contra Affair-accepting an illegal gratuity, aiding and abetting in the obstruction of a congressional inquiry, and destruction of documents. His conviction was over-turned by a three judge panel. As a reward, Ollie received a book contract and eventually his own television show on Fox News, thus once again demonstrating crime pays.

I don't know if Scooter will get his own TV show.

But if he does, somebody please find the remote and change the channel.

http://www.rense.com/general68/scoott.htm

I think a lot of people are simply watching networks like FOX, CNN and MSNBC have been brainwashed by Bush & Rupert Murdocks war on journalism. And you and me know that they call them 'PROGRAMS' for a REASON. It only took them a few months of carefully written addresses and 'programming' selecting words like 'the terrorists' when describing IRAQ and 'Just like 9/11', or 'the terrorists who attacked us' -- and the entire nation actually BELIEVED that there was a link between Saddam and 9/11!! There's millions of Americans that STILL believe that outright LIE and will even reference the LIES that caused them to be decieved in the first place when arguing that Al Qaeda had ANYTHING to do with Iraq, when in fact they were so completely different if Al Qaeda even truly exists that is. I wouldn't put a THING past these guys.

And even after the GOP is all indicted I'll still be worried because the REAL 'TERRORISTS' are the cops among us: The CIA, the FBI, the Secret Police, Scotland Yard, the DEA, the ATF, the WTO. THOSE are the ones that are raging the REAL wars that are being fought every single day. Wars against our freedoms, our liberties and our PRIVACY. Mail is being x-rayed, phones are being tapped, the internet is not secure, there's surveillance camera's in every school, church, supermarket, liquor store, bodega, burger joint, bank and coming soon to every street corner and dashboard near you.

Squawker said:
The article leaves out a bit of information, like what the thinking was that led to developing a broader plan of action. Hmmmm, I didn't think Al_Qaida was in Iraq until after the war started.

They weren't in Iraq until at least a year after we'd been there, and I don't believe a WORD of what I hear on the news these days. Why should we?? If I want to hear 'fair and balanced' I look at Al Jazeera or ANY other world news org other than the US news -- with the exception of maybe the DAILY SHOW and it's a REALLY sad f'd up day when you've got to go to the freakin' COMEDY channel to get any REAL news.

Even the BBC is not great, though it's certainly a LOT better than many of the US propaganda rackets.

Squawker said:
What we know now, we didn’t know then. The evidence seemed to point in that direction. Saddam knew everything that happened in the country and nothing was done without his approval. I think it is very likely the Administration thought there was a connection. We don't know for sure one way or the other.

The administration KNEW there was no connection, but they sure did try to put the word out that there WAS as they created the 'boogeymen' and subsidize their CASH flow with our young men and women as fodder. And we still have rednecks running around who think that Iraq and Iran and Afghanistan are all the same.

Squawker said:

If you want a little 'secret' information watch the film: 'The Whole Truth About the War in Iraq' and here it from the mouths of the CIA operatives and spys and real historians and insiders who knew the whole terrible truth all along. Of course when Cons hear the REAL truth they deny it and use the ole' 'conspiracy theory' bs as a way of shoving their heads even DEEPER in the sand.

Back
Top Bottom