• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sweet pee

Oh, I'm out right now but I'll have to check it's fluorescence when my next batch gets here. Trazadone also fluoresces. I had shined my uv light on my diamonds and nearby was a trazodone, and it lit up bright blue. I had no idea Berberine was being tested for all those things.
It’s not being tested for those things, but it is being marketed for those things.

It’s not being tested for those things, but it is being marketed for those things.

Yeah. Hard to see how something that helps with blood sugar also helps with HIV...

Oh, I'm out right now but I'll have to check it's fluorescence when my next batch gets here. Trazadone also fluoresces. I had shined my uv light on my diamonds and nearby was a trazodone, and it lit up bright blue. I had no idea Berberine was being tested for all those things.
A little something for every one.

Yeah. Hard to see how something that helps with blood sugar also helps with HIV...
I don’t see a connection.

Also don’t see a connection between a compound that lowers a surrogate marker without safety data and good health, but that’s just me.

I don’t see a connection.

Also don’t see a connection between a compound that lowers a surrogate marker without safety data and good health, but that’s just me.

I don't take supplements with abandon - I always check on their safety, usually at NIH

I may have found the reason Trazadone (and some diamonds) fluoresce - nitrogen?
Different factors. I'm not up of the chemistry of fluoresence. It still helps me sleep.

I don't take supplements with abandon - I always check on their safety, usually at NIH
NIH won’t know safety if large scale studies haven’t been done.

And most stuff looks great until you study it in larger sample sizes.

NIH won’t know safety if large scale studies haven’t been done.

And most stuff looks great until you study it in larger sample sizes.

I guess I have to be satisfied checking safety as well as I can against something that does work. I try to be careful, but even with exercise and trying to watch carbs, my A1c was always around 6.0/6.1. With the Berberine, it's come down to 5.7/5.8..

I guess I have to be satisfied checking safety as well as I can against something that does work. I try to be careful, but even with exercise and trying to watch carbs, my A1c was always around 6.0/6.1. With the Berberine, it's come down to 5.7/5.8..
I’d argue that you’re taking unproven supplement with unknown risks to marginally affect a surrogate marker which, given the minimal reduction, means you’re taking risk (probably negligible) for a benefit of nicer numbers on paper.

But YMMV.

I’d argue that you’re taking unproven supplement with unknown risks to marginally affect a surrogate marker which, given the minimal reduction, means you’re taking risk (probably negligible) for a benefit of nicer numbers on paper.

But YMMV.

Well, the mild neuropathy in my feet seems to like the marginally lower number, and I don't know if 5.7/5.8 is where it will stop. My Dr. does seem to think the neuropathy is from being pre-diabetc for quite a while. If I was 20, I might be more concerned. At 71, getting close to 72, who knows what my expiration date is/would be anyway?

Well, the mild neuropathy in my feet seems to like the marginally lower number, and I don't know if 5.7/5.8 is where it will stop. My Dr. does seem to think the neuropathy is from being pre-diabetc for quite a while. If I was 20, I might be more concerned. At 71, getting close to 72, who knows what my expiration date is/would be anyway?
Seems like you’d want a drug that’s been extensively studied in T2DM and reducing glucose levels rather than a compound that lots of people say is ‘good’.

But YMMV

Seems like you’d want a drug that’s been extensively studied in T2DM and reducing glucose levels rather than a compound that lots of people say is ‘good’.

But YMMV

I know of metformin, but my doctor doesn't feel the need for it at this point, even though I want to get my levels to at least 5.5.. And, I'm all for natural if I can - if it works.

Berberine’s strong yellow color and yellow fluorescence made it a widely used dye in early days of the industry. It is still used in India as a wool dye, and its fluorescence makes it useful as a histology stain.

But berberine’s main use is as an herbal dietary supplement. It has antibiotic, anti-inflammatory, and antineoplastic properties, and it is being investigated as a treatment for diabetes, cancer, hyperlipidemia, congestive heart failure, and HIV. The US Food and Drug Administration has not yet approved berberine for any prescription or over-the-counter drug use, and it has sent notices of violation to companies that have made drug claims on their Web sites. Clinical trials show that berberine is generally safe, but it has shown drug interactions and is contraindicated for pregnant and breast-feeding women.

FYI

Berberine does fluoresce! Bright yellow.

Back
Top Bottom